Search This Blog

Saturday 10 May 2014

THANK YOU MAMA



    O yes! i remember, Indeed i remember that day i finally came to the world, what  i first saw was the most beautiful smile i could ever imagine, a smile of relief, a smile of joy, a smile of hope, and a smile of comfort. all these smile coming out of Mummy's face. Ooh yes she kissed my forehead and i remember that tickled so i laughed my first laugh ever, The journey had just begun, when am cold she cuddle's me to keep me warm, when am warm she makes sure i get fresh air to keep my temperature cool, when am hungry, she made sure i eat before she thinks of her stomach, and when am sad she tries her best to find out why am not happy she did all these when i never had the opportunity to speak or talk but yet still she figured it out.
    I call her Mummy and she calls me Daddy,,,ooh she is my first love and will always be, i love her more than words can ever explain. Every morning when am preparing for school mum will prepare hot tea for me to take before the school bus arrives, sometimes i miss the bus  because of mummy's tea. Will go to school very clean and neat, but we always return very dirty, every detergent advert always reminds me of mummy especially the sunlight advert  song. Even when i left for the boarding house mum didn't rest. She will always come to visit me even when it is not visiting day. Mummy has done a lot for me that i can not repay her in my entire life. My most memorable moment with my mum was the day i left for boarding school,outwardly she was happy but inwardly she was sad because she was going to miss her daddy...tears dropped from her eyes that day when she was waving back at me saying "GOODBYE MY SON LEARN HARD OOO AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO PRAY BEFORE YOU SLEEP"
   I DEDICATE THIS POEM TO MY MOTHER AND ALL MOTHERS ACROSS THE GLOBE...AND I WANA SAY THANK YOU MAMA

Before I was myself you made me, me
With love and patience, discipline and tears,
Then bit by bit stepped back to set me free,

Allowing me to sail upon my sea,
Though well within the headlands of your fears.
Before I was myself you made me, me
With dreams enough of what I was to be
And hopes that would be sculpted by the years,
Then bit by bit stepped back to set me free,
Relinquishing your powers gradually
To let me shape myself among my peers.
Before I was myself you made me, me,
And being good and wise, you gracefully
As dancers when the last sweet cadence nears
Bit by bit stepped back to set me free.
For love inspires learning naturally:
The mind assents to what the heart reveres.
And so it was through love you made me, me
By slowly stepping back to set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment